Posted May 12, 2014
Our client company, a national leader of metal products, is currently hiring Maintenance Mechanics. The company offers excellent salaries & employee incentives, paid overtime and superior benefits. Relocation assistance may also be provided.
This position will be responsible for:
• Troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining mechanical equipment throughout the plant
• Basic understanding of hydraulics and pneumatics
• Must be able to troubleshoot, rebuild and repair of gearboxes, hydraulic systems, pneumatic systems, overhead cranes, and shear clutch and brake systems
• Perform alignments on motors & gearboxes
• Knowledge of grades and sizes of bolts, pipes, tubing, cables and wires, bearing installation and lubrication.
• Perform preventive maintenance on equipment and make repairs or improvements as needed
• Operate mobile equipment including forklift, manlift, scissor lift and overhead cranes
• Welding and use a cutting torch.
• Ability to read and understand blueprints, lay out projects and locate prints
• Use of precision instruments to align and take measurements of equipment that is being modified or installed
• Safety oriented person with leadership skills to perform maintenance duties in a team environment
Preferred skills and experience:
• At least 8 years of mechanical maintenance experience from the heavy manufacturing industry
• Must have Journeyman Certification, Associates Degree and/or military training
• Troubleshooting & repair of mechanical systems & plant equipment
• Predictive & preventative maintenance
• Lubrication of parts, pipefitting, strong knowledge of hydraulic & pneumatic systems
• Machine alignments
• Maintenance & repair of pumps, bearings, motors, gearboxes
• Experience from the steel, foundry or another heavy manufacturing industry is strongly preferred
• Proven record of job stability