Our client company, a world leader in the home appliance industry, is currently interviewing for a Supplier Quality Project Engineer in Wisconsin. This role will be responsible for minimizing the variability of purchased materials by utilizing Supplier Quality Management (SQM) principles.
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE:
• Participate in development of Qualification & Verification Test Plans, Capability Studies and subsequent Control Plans at suppliers for new products.
• Leads development of PFMEA and Print Process Reviews with suppliers for new and existing products.
• Participate in supplier qualification activities, quality system assessments, and process/facility audits and surveys as necessary. Maintains the relationship with the supplier for the purpose of achieving procured quality objectives.
• Communicate, clarify, and facilitate supplier PPAP submissions. Handle PPAP preparation, review and approval for purchased products.
• Quality representative for Purchasing function: Assist with the selection of qualified suppliers; Match product quality requirements with supplier capability; Supplier development, assistance and training.
• Initiate quality system improvements via application of quality engineering methods and/or supplier quality management principles.
• Support internal manufacturing operations via investigation, analysis, and obtaining supplier corrective action for purchased product failures impacting affected Kohler facilities.
• Assist with identification of Significant Quality Characteristics – both for internal manufacturing operations and supplied product.
• Develop supporting process and product performance data, reports, recommendations, and initiate corrective actions for all listed responsibilities.
• Special projects, tasks and activities as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS - WHAT YOU NEED TO QUALIFY
• BS degree is required- Engineering related is a plus
• Minimum of 2 years of related experience in a Supplier Quality, Process or Manufacturing or related environment. Will consider more junior candidates based on the quality of their education and internship or co-op experience.
• Knowledge of QS-9000 processes for Advance Product Quality Planning (APQP) and Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) is desired. Competence in inspection and audit techniques is desired.
• Requires excellent planning skills and problem solving ability.
• Must have strong oral and written communication skills.
• Strong computer skills and proficiency with MS Office programs Required. SAP nice to have.
• ASQ certification as an Engineer and/or Auditor, or Black Belt certification is a strong plus